*Information for Artists, Artisans & Fine Crafters
There is a screening process for prospective new participants. Once you have been accepted to participate, your initial $50 Registration Fee is due. By participating you will receive:
- Page on website – bio & description of 200 words or less
- Phone, address, email, website
- Directions to your studio or gallery
- Editing of listing (spelling, verification etc)
- Placement on map accuracy confirmed
- Image selection for listing in the “gallery” section on the front of the brochure and poster.
- Email-able postcards to drive your customer base to your studio and/or your website
- Posters and brochures to distribute
- Exposure on the KCST website with links (an on-line version of the publication)
- Sharable event on Facebook for you to invite your fans
- Featured blog post on website and shared on our Facebook page
- Notification to proof your content, image, placement and on map & corresponding number in listing (edits of any kind are not
- Guides and posters for your use distribution in your region and for your supporters
- KCST Weekend exposure and participation privileges
..GOOD VALUE! Think about what kind of high quality, exposure you can get that’s pointed to the right demographics
Registration Form must be submitted by February 28th.
- Once your application is submitted by you and accepted by the jury, and have submitted your registration fee. You will be provided a letter to help you secure a sponsor for $150. In the absence of securing a sponsor some participants have opted to pay the $200 fee themselves.
- Your listing may be edited (only if required- this is mainly to maintain continuity, but also gives a second set of eyes for spelling & grammar etc); your placement in the map (sequence) is confirmed; images are verified to have proper resolution for reproduction (you’ll be contacted for replacements if not), then one image will be selected from the options you provided for placement in the guide to allow for best overall image sizing & page aesthetics (we request a minimum of 3-5- if fewer are available, we can discuss this.
- We require at least one vertical and one horizontal image to give placement options, but feel free to send more—remember only to include images you feel good about publishing.
- If you are selected to join in the tour, you will be required to attend the monthly meetings and help organize the event by signing up for one of the committees.
Images are to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with your last name and title in the subject line.
- Don’t forget these images are being juried- the success of your application will be determined by the images you provide! On approval, remaining images will then be considered for use in the “gallery pages” These “Gallery” images are integral to the overall appeal and austerity of the marketing materials.
- Once the guide is compiled and designed (typically late April), you then will be notified to go online and proof your listing to ensure: proper spelling of content, phone numbers, email & web addresses, good colour in images etc, your placement on the map, numbers on map correspond to number in listing, etc. . Please note that this is not an opportunity for any edits, re-writes, or any tweaking colour of images supplied.
- Once all proofing is complete, the Brochure and Map goes live on the website (an on-line version of the publication), and then off to be printed. We then distribute the brochures and any other printed marketing materials (such as posters) to the participating artists, as well the supporting galleries (and some others), supporting businesses, and other points of interest (if you know of any you think would be good please let us know).
- You’ll have the privilege of participating in the Studio Tour Weekend. We do various things to promote the event such as posting posters, radio & newspaper exposure etc wherever we can get the coverage and several of the participants help to promote the weekend in their region in their own way. Feel free to discuss this with us.
- Finally, you’ll have a feeling of accomplishment- you have now made it to the much sought after status of being included in the fellowship of the prestigious Kings County Studio Tour. Welcome!
* Details subject to change until February 28th